Application Support Engineer
‘Work within the delivery and the tech team to deploy and support our services and tools, ensuring that long term customer satisfaction and SLA goals are met’
As our new Application Support Engineer, you can supplement our team by overseeing the installation and maintenance of our software applications in order to streamline business operations. Your duties include optimizing software application performance, installing updates, and performing debugging procedures. You will be joining the Tech Team, and work closely with your teammates. Together you're enabling the company to amaze the world with a business-changing platform.
As Application Support Engineer you will:
- Be the first line of internal support, diagnosing, solving, and reporting on internal issues;
- Work closely with the delivery team to diagnose and resolve support issues;
- Manage and align our support knowledge base with the delivery team;
- Perform deployments to customer environments and support their smooth operations;
- Design, document, and develop new solutions that might assist you in support work;
- Establish the root causes of application errors, and escalate serious concerns when necessary;
- Contribute to improving, stabilizing, and further developing existing solutions and applications.
We are only interested in individual applications, recruitment agencies need not contact us concerning this vacancy.
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent;
- Experience as a Support Engineer in a related field.
- Excellent programming skills in Python, experience in other languages is a bonus;
- Experience with REST APIs;
- Familiarity with Django, Docker, Postgres, and GIT;
- You are a problem solver by nature and are analytical in your approaches;
- Self-driven and capable of managing your own work;
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and in writing.
It would be nice if you also have:
- Experience with Kubernetes;
- Experience with Cloud platforms (GCP, AWS, etc).